Follow Joe Gande on Twitter Facebook Google+ LinkedIn Soundcloud LinkedIn itunes Amazon Spotify Pinterest

Monday, November 5, 2012

My Homemade Lentil Soup

I made a big vat of hearty Lentil Soup for this cold, blustery Sunday night!:)
This is one of my all time favorite healthy soups...and it tastes even better left over the next day and through the week....
All you need to is....
A dried bag of lentils, olive oil, onions, carrots, garlic, celery(chopped and use some of the leaves too), 1 or 2 bay leaves, salt, freshly ground black pepper, a pinch of red pepper flakes, 1 can of tomatoes(you can use puree, whole peeled, crushed, paste or sauce...whatever you have on hand) or as I use, the leftover tomato sauce I have from another meal :), chicken or beef stock(low sodium preferably), water....

Saute onions, garlic, celery and carrots in olive oil until softened...
Throw in the rest.....add the water, broth, tomatoes, lentils, etc....
Simmer until lentils are tender...discard bay leaves

Add a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and/or red pepper flakes, some grated cheese(parmesan or asiago) on top to finish if you like...

Options:
 You can also add some ham, or prosciutto, sausage, soup bones, or bacon...and/or spinach or escarole too...for flavor if desired....
I will definitely include this recipe in more detail in my upcoming cookbook! :)


                                                             Click photo to enlarge...



Hope you're all enjoying your Sunday! Buona Domenica a tutti!
Love,
Joe

Thank you for reading...
Please leave a comment...share your thoughts and ideas..."Like", "Tweet"  +1 and share, etc...etc... Remember to follow or subscribe to my blog :) 
 My Music...

Show your support... Pick up a high quality digital download of my CD..."The Godsend Sessions"...


No comments:

Post a Comment