Follow Joe Gande on Twitter Facebook Google+ LinkedIn Soundcloud LinkedIn itunes Amazon Spotify Pinterest

Saturday, April 20, 2013

In Loving Memory of my Father...Jazz Musician, Joe Gande - May 15, 1929-April 20, 1998

In Loving Memory of my Father...Jazz Musician, Tenor Saxophonist,  Joe Gande - May 15, 1929-April 20, 1998...I love you Dad...and I miss you...
I had a dream about him last night...an awesome dream...so I was looking through some old photograph's this morning when I woke up and came across this one...
I love vintage photos and photography...and thought maybe some of you might too...
Today is the anniversary of his passing...
My Father lived on Great Jones Street in Manhattan...in New York, City's village, for many, many years...and he paid 90 dollars a month for his apartment :)

Off to a gig, NYC, circa 1950's...




Here's an older blog post with a little more about my Dad...
http://joegande.blogspot.com/2012/06/my-father-joe-gande-happy-father-day-to.html

I'm thinking to add a lot of family photos, and share memories and anecdotes in my new cookbook that I have in the works, especially those relating to food & history, Italy...etc...what do you think? Good idea?
Thank you for stopping by and reading...
Love,
Joe

3 comments:

  1. Very cool, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joe :-)

    Thanks for sharing, and trusting us with, your heartfelt thoughts and feelings about your Dad.
    I sense your grief and sadness of his loss; and wish you healing as quickly as possible. May the fond memories you have of him be your driving force, Joe <3
    Keep close to your heart what the wise Hebrew wrote at Proverbs 10:7a: “The remembrance of the righteous one is due for a blessing ..."
    Your dad's life course resulted in a positive reputation .... To be remembered by God for a blessing ~ what a privilege!

    Yes, yes, yes .....Instil in others what the love of food really means; Bring the history, the memories, the closeness of family .... all that brings life into the dish; because that's what makes these recipes so timeless.

    I'm writing this on May 15, 2013 .... a special day for you, and a special day for ME TOO; for While it's the date of YOUR DAD'S BIRTHDAY... It's the date of MY MUM'S BIRTHDAY, too.

    It's always a pleasure stopping by,Joe.
    Thanks for always making it easy and enjoyable to do so.
    Margaret


    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I think it is a good idea. I'd love to hear little tidbits of "stuff" while reading. Would make the book fuller and more fun to read!

    ReplyDelete