Follow Joe Gande on Twitter Facebook Google+ LinkedIn Soundcloud LinkedIn itunes Amazon Spotify Pinterest

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Baccala Marechiara

Baccala Marechiara...
This is a dish my Nonna used to always make...and my Mother also.
It is a fish stew with Cod, San Marzano peeled plum tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, large green olives, a touch of oregano, black pepper and salt...


Baccala is always associated with Christmas Eve...but I like to enjoy it at any time of year...and seeing as it is Ash Wednesday and I wanted to make some fish...I thought it would be a great night to make this awesome dish.

I use green olives with the pits but you can use black olives and capers too if you like.
Also...when making it throughout the year...I prefer to use fresh cod instead of the traditional salted cod that I use on Christmas Eve...I find it a bit less "fishy" and it saves a lot of time also... 

Marechiara means "sea light" :)
When you see this name on a menu it usually means a light tomato sauce, in most cases paired with fish.
Enjoy!
Love,
Joe
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®




Click photo to enlarge...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joe, wow you are extremely gifted, great voice and this is a classic dish that we have always had besides the torpedo's (stuffed calamari) at Christmas, your Nana, taught you well! This looks amazing... thanks for stopping by I followed you on everything I could find.. I see your very computer savy as well! Wow....thanks again for the add Claudia from What's Cookin' italian Cuisine~

    ReplyDelete