Follow Joe Gande on Twitter Facebook Google+ LinkedIn Soundcloud LinkedIn itunes Amazon Spotify Pinterest

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

One of my favorite quotes....A few thoughts....

This is one of my favorite quotes from history about music....

I remember coming across it as a kid on an old pece of parchment paper at a museum shop...

Many of you may be familiar with it...

I think it says it all....

Many of you may know that I love history and the past...since I was a child I have been fascinated with all that has come before....and I still continue to study and read and learn all that I can...I am running out of room for my books!:)lol I have always wanted to have one of those old fashioned, somewhere out of time, European style office/libraries with the moving ladder to reach the shelves!:)lol

It blows me away that this was felt and said about music so long ago...

I actually titled my very first production demo cassette done for Polygram records many moons ago..."A Charm to Sadness"....

Hmmm...I have to find that tape and convert and post some songs from it sometime! Maybe some of you would get a kick out of it and like the songs!?

Wishing you all a beautiful day!!

Love,

Joe

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful of which it is the invisible but never less dazzling, passionate and eternal form...Plato

Music-plato

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please leave a comment...share your thoughts and ideas..."Like", "Tweet"  +1 and share, etc...etc...and remember to follow or subscribe to my blog  on  Posterous or on Blogspot  to keep in touch and to stay updated on happenings....thank you!:)

 My Music...

Show your support...Pick up a high quality digital download of my CD..."The Godsend Sessions"...

                            Joegandenycstarcoverart360x360

 

http://joegande.bandcamp.com

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-godsend-sessions/id416008000

http://www.joegande.com

No comments:

Post a Comment